Thursday, August 31, 2006

Episode Eight: Look, Tim Gunn, I Can Dress Myself!

I'm working more images into this post. Guess what happens to the quality!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We said goodbye to Angela this week, shipping her right back to America before she'd even gotten settled. Yes, her tears are rosette-shaped.
I'm not particularly happy or sad, because we all knew this was going to happen at some point. We're down to six, and there just ain't room for Holly Hobby.
I took the liberty of looking up who Holly Hobby is, and Tim Gunn once again scores points for accuracy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, the episode kicked off with drama. Drama, drama, drama. More Jeff, more Angela, more overreacting, more Laura making spiky comments... lame. Even the models were talking behind each other's backs.
Just give me the clothes, please. At least the runway delivered. I love, LOVE the idea of the designers dressing themselves- it's a twist, but you still get a solid idea of their style.

Except for Vincent. He made a plain black top with plain black bottoms. They looked comfy, but Michael Kors once again urged "this is a DESIGN competition".
The judges were a little spicy this week, eh? I thought Uli's dress was beautiful, and appeared comfortable, even if it looked a bit like things she had done before. Have they met Laura?
I nor anyone should be surprised that the judges were inconsistent from one week to the next. Last week they honored a point of view, even if it was a disaster, and they did away with the most basic design. They had the same situation this week (there's even the fact that the basic design in both cases was out of the designer's comfort zone), and made the opposite decision. Heck, they didn't even put the boring design in the bottom two. As they say in France, le sigh.
Also on the Vincent front, he seemed a bit too anxious to take off his pants. Not helping the borderline-creepy image.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How cute was Michael teaching Kayne how to walk? I love Kayne, but he really does need someone around to help him tone down his outrageous fabulousness. Oh, how glad I am that he's still around. He's like ma sunshine.

Note to Michael Knight: get away from white! I'd love to see you at Fashion Week, but not if every single outfit is going to be white or gold. I was not down with Michael's pants. I believe they were touched by his noodley appendage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Of course, there was a twist Part II. Cut to Angela being shocked, over and OVER again.
You're not being judged yet.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You're going on a trip.

On a plane.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In an HOUR!


The flight was to Paris, as many people had already predicted. Michael had no idea they had a Parons in Paris, but an internet full of fans certainly did. I pretty much squealed when Tim Gunn boarded the plane- of course he was going with them, but it's so cute when he gets all father-figure. Jeffrey expressed that rare sentimentality that makes him endearing to me- "I don't know what I'll do after this if I can't have Tim Gunn popping up in my life."

Oh, and bravo for Jeffrey finally winning something! He's been validated, and I'm now totally ok if he doesn't make the final three. I'm also OK if he does. There's a lot of talent in the room- I'd be interested in seeing most of their collections.
Eeeexcept Vincent. I hate to keep bringing him up, but you know how in season one, they all started looking at Robert and saying "how is he still here"? I predict this happening with Vincent very soon.

Note to Bravo: during the shots of Paris, I definitely heard at least one score from Amelie. I love Amelie, and I love Project Runway, but in very different ways- please don't mix them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA. I laughed out loud when I got to "EXPLODE!" Ian was here, he saw it. And I really like your pictures. They very much look like the people they represent.
-Alicia

Anonymous said...

Said Tiger: People can say whatever they want. travel But it's an insult to Byron Nelson and his record for the media and the PGA to continue to call Tiger Wood's streak a win streak. Over the past year, Tiger's won 7 PGA events -- a stunning achievement. Because these events were not PGA events, the PGA and some in the media still call Tiger's a PGA win streak as if Tiger's play in non-PGA events didn't happen.