Sunday, February 12, 2006

What's better than Liza Minielli's favorite swear word?

James Lipton asking Dave Chapelle for "my fucking royalties", saying the phrase "I'm going to piss on you" and engaging in the strangest dance-off I've ever witnessed.
I also have a new respect for Dave Chapelle. One of my best friends is crazy about his show, while I was usually ambivalent to it. I was somewhat bothered by his big fans, especially the white kids- and living in the woods, I know 98% white kids- who constantly invoked every line he ever wrote, including "white power!". But anyway, on Inside The Actor's Studio, he was very genuine. He actually reminded me of that best friend in that way, he had a very admirable and idealistic philosophy. Of course, with a dozen or so more years of wisdom under his belt than that friend (who is, by coincidence, a weed dealer).


End notes: I have no allegiance with the Bravo network, they just so happen to air a couple of shows I adore. Also, I am totally aware there are pictures of fashion week all over the internet, but I'll talk about them when the finale actually airs. I suppose I'll discusss the decoy collection this week when we find out which one it is. If you want to see them, search Blogging Project Runway for about three seconds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SPOILER _ FINAL EPISODE:
Debra Messing as the guest judge.

Daniel was the first designer, he came out introduced his line and then the models started. His model from the show tripped a little on her way back down the runway.

Kara was next, did the same thing as Dan.

Chloe was the third designer to come out. We were all excited because Heidi said three designers and here were three, so that meant Santino was out. Right? Wrong.

Santino was the last designer to show off his collection. I guess they had to show us all four designers because they didn’t want do give anything away (they knew someone would write to gawker). He said, “I’m not just good TV, I’m a good designer.” Then he goes, “Where’s my mom? mom?” He sounded a little panicked that she wasn’t there, but she stood up and waved to him as he went “MY MOTHER’S THE SHIT!” Yeah, dude. That’s not gonna air.


THEY HAD AUSTIN SHOW DURING FASHION WEEK TOO. I THINK THIS MEANS THAT SANTINO IS OUT! ! ! ! !

YAYAYAYAYA

Anonymous said...

I really do enjoy your info. Excellent job. Time to run.